Since 1981 Gareda has provided Illinois with exceptional service. We have held ourselves to high standards to uphold the worth and dignity of our diverse community of clients while maintaining a family of dedicated employees. We are seeking someone who is a team player with unquestionable integrity and professionalism to join our team. Gareda Employees are driven and united by their passion for helping others and the perfect fit for our team would be someone who can uphold our motto: “For where there is a need, there is Gareda.”.
The Director of Home and Community Based Services provide s day to day supervision, guidance and monitoring of assigned programs and supervisory teams to ensure all contractual requirements and outcomes are met. Our typical work schedule is Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 5:00 pm), although flexibility is required as coverage may require evening and weekend work from time to time. This is a full-time position that reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Location: Calumet City, IL however, this position may require you to travel to the satellite offices in Oak Park, Chicago, and Joliet.
- Assists with hiring, training, and evaluation of designated community-based staff and conducts at least monthly supervisor meetings for clinical consultation, review of case documentation, reports, conducts all staff meetings and/or other supervisory meetings as warranted.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Managers within the department, including some aspects of training, hiring, and payroll.
- Oversees program outcomes, quality assurance, and quality improvement strategies and assists with new program development and strategic planning.
- Implementation of the peer review process whereby all files are being reviewed for accuracy and contract compliance
- Ensures all client and staff records are maintained to established standards.
- Responds to crisis calls as needed.
- Serves as the liaison with referral and funding agencies
- Collaborates with other departments regularly to ensure the effective productivity, efficiency, quality and growth of the programs.
- Keep up-to-date on staff training
- Recruit new clients and grow HCBS program for Gareda’s service areas.
- Collection and interpretation of statistical information to monitor program trends and performance
- Ensure compliance with state, local, federal, and contract requirements as well as requirements from payors
- Facilitate ongoing assessment, evaluation, and planning of programs
- Identify opportunities for growth, development, and improvement within programs and between other service lines that enhance the coordination of service delivery
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Gareda.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring, outcome-oriented, highly organized, mission-driven person with a collaborative style and commitment to culturally sensitive services.
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in social work, psychology, business administration/management or another human service related field is required
- Minimum of five years’ work experience, preferably in community-based services, business management/administration or other health and human services
- Possess at least 3 years of program management and supervisory experience
- Must be a go-getter with the ability to meet specific department goals.
- Must be an effective leader. Gaining rapport with clients, families, and staff is crucial to the success of this position.
- Very strong organizational, interpersonal/collaborative and problem-solving skills, including the ability to work independently, multi-task while handling a large volume, with a commitment to follow- up and detail?
- Strong customer service focus, excellent time management, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and email applications
- Basic computer skills, superb communication skills, and reliable transportation is a must.
Valid driver's license is required
Gareda LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- We offer highly competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including generous time off, health, life and dental benefits, and 401k contribution.
To apply please click here