Gareda's network of clients is constantly expanding and we are searching for caring candidates to assist with keeping them happy and healthy at home. This position is not for the faint of heart, we are looking for dedicated hard workers to commit at least 35 hours weekly to serving those who need help. This position calls for daily travel, so reliable transportation is necessary. Every day will be a brand new experience with new people and different experiences, so if you're shy, or intolerant of change this position may not be a good fit.
The duties of a Home Care Aide (HCA) differ between clients, but a general list would be: providing personal care, meal preparation, escorting to appointments, running errands, light housekeeping, laundry, and just making sure that clients are happy. Gareda provides a plan of care for each client which will outline all tasks that the client needs to be done.
While experience is always a plus, Gareda is open to anyone willing to work hard and care for others. To provide high-quality care a person must be passionate about what they are doing, Gareda is passionate about our clients and we are looking for someone who can match our level of caring.
Duties: Assist with activities of daily living by providing in-home care services to participants throughout Gareda's service area (Cook and Will County).
- Must be able to adapt to a completely flexible schedule
- Must be available to work at a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Meet the Illinois Department on Aging qualifications for Home Care Aides
- Access to reliable transportation for field travel (Proof of a valid driver's license and insurance are required if driving a motor vehicle)
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills (must be polite, personable and diplomatic)
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- CNA preferred. High School/General Education Diploma with three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a Home Care Aide.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Click here to send your resume.
Please add the position title (floater) to the subject line.